ATTENTION CAC USERS:
If you need to log on using your CAC card, you will need to have the ActivClient middleware installed on your pc. To purchase ActivClient please visit here.
Currently, Tx Systems distributes two lines of smart card terminals, the Towitoko CHIPDRIVE readers and the SCM Microsystems readers.
SCM smart card readers communicate directly to microprocessor cards using the standard PC/SC interface and with memory cards using the MCard interface.
- For a complete listing of driver downloads for the SCM readers please see the SCM drivers matrix.
- To access the PC/SC and MCard development tools for the SCM readers please click here.
CHIPDRIVE readers communicate directly with memory and microprocessor smart cards using the SCard interface developed specifically for the Towitoko line of readers.
- For a complete listing of drivers, tools, and examples please see CHIPDRIVE Drivers and Downloads.
- For developers or companies interested in producing their own smart card applications, the CHIPDRIVE Developer Pack will provide you with all of the hardware and software you need start a development project.
OMNIKEY readers communicate via CCID, which stands for Chip Card Interface Device. The CCID specification is an approach to smart card reader communication and defines a standard communication protocol for smart card readers that connect to a PC via USB. Any CCID-compliant smart card reader can be run with a generic (non vendor-specific) CCID driver on the host. All USB-connected OMNIKEY readers are CCID compliant.
- For a complete listing of drivers, please visit HID's driver download page: OMNIKEY Drivers and Downloads.
If you have previously purchased the Developer Pack, you can download the latest version by clicking here. A username and password are required to download the latest Developer Pack version. You can get a username and password by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.