Secure CAC/PIV web/email for Mac OS X software
PKard® for Mac software meets the needs of DoD, federal and corporate Mac users for simple and straightforward 2-factor authenticated CAC, PIV, PIV-I, CIV and shortly .NET (dot net) smart card access to secure web sites, web VPN and secure Apple mail. PKard is made in the USA, backed with phone and email support from Arlington, Texas. It is the same software used by the Pentagon, Army, Navy, Whitehouse, NIH and SEC across tens of thousands of Macs and users since the mid 2000s. Reader hardware and card are not included.
- Fully supported commercial software with a 7-year history
- Outlook Web Access (OWA), portals and collaboration sites e.g. AKO, NKO, AF Portal and DTSl
- CAC (Common Access Card), PIV (Personal Identity Verification), PIV-I, CIV (Commercial Identity Verification) and shortly .NET (dot net) smart cards via Thursby's own TokenD "drivers"
- Supports Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard (v1.2 download) and Leopard (v1.1 download, included along with v1.2)
- Supports Safari and Chrome browsers since they use the standard Apple environment (Firefox has non-standard keychain handling specific to itself)
- Web-based VPN (all correctly written third party web/smart card Mac tools should work since no special SDK/API is required, only the standard Apple keychain)
- Apple mail and S/MIME signing, encryption and decryption (except where prevented by any organizational "Microsoft only mail client for S/MIME" type of policy)
- Supports industry standard USB Mac/PC card readers from third parties such as Precise Biometrics, Identive (SCM) or HID (Omnikey) (not included)
- Avoids clumsy, inconvenient and incomplete workarounds such as virtualized Windows, bootcamp or thumb drives
- A version for direct network and domain login, Single Sign-On (SSO) , Active directory, Group Policy and network-based environments is available for organizations
- Made in the USA, GSA approved, with phone, email and forum support by Apple-Microsoft specialists from Arlington, Texas
With CSSI, US government agencies, and employees, have a better choice for CAC/PIV middleware. charismathics CSSI PIV supports all certificate based ID cards issued by the US Federal Government and Department of Defense.
This specific version of CSSI PIV is designed to work on all versions of Mac OS X.
charismathics CSSI PIV benefits and features
CSSI PIV offers:
- FIPS 201 compliance and GSA approval
- multi card support: all major CAC/PIV card vendors
- wide application support: remote logon, computer logon, digital signature, email signing and encryption
- automatic certificate (de)registration
- support for class 2 secure PIN entry devices
- full feature client administration utility
CSSI PIV provides a complete client that supports a wide range of platforms and applications such as pre-boot and disk encryption, computer logon, VPN, RDP, SSL support, email and document signing as well as encryption and Single Sign-On.
GSA APL listing
charismathics CSSI PIV has been validated FIPS 201 compliant by the National Institute of Standard NPIVP, and is listed on the GSA FIPS 201 approved products list.
GSA APL Listing (line item #450):
- Supplier: charismathics Inc.
- Category: PIV Middleware
- Part#: CSSI PIV
- Approved Software Version: 22.214.171.124
charismathics was the first one to achieve the NIST certification level SP 800-85A-1/SP800-73-2 and has now been validated for level SP800-73-3 as well (official certification details available soon).
- Validation level: SP 800-85A-1/SP800-73-2
- Certificate Number: 12
- Certification Date: 23 October 2009
This is the downloadable version.
This version of CSSI for CAC and PIV DOES NOT support Win or Linux. Please contact sales for more information regarding purchase of this software.
NOTE: Once this product is purchased, there will be a download link provided by email that is available for only 24 hours; please provide an email during checkout that is easily accessible without the use of ActivClient. Make sure to plan ahead before purchasing this download because it will only be available for 24 hours after the purchase, otherwise you will have to contact our support team for another download link.